The RACGP recognise that not all general practices currently use online booking systems. This information is tailored to meet a range of needs from general practice, including those:
- with an online booking system, already integrated with the VCF Connect
See section on editing clinic details
- with an online booking system, linked but not yet integrated with the VCF Connect
- with an online booking system, not linked to the VCF Connect (listed as phone only)
See section on first time login to Vaccine Clinic Finder Connect and edit details
- without an online appointment booking system, not linked to VCF Connect (listed as phone only).
See sections on online booking systems and first time login to Vaccine Clinic Finder Connect
This education kit will have sections relevant for the stage your practice is currently at, so you can navigate the sections accordingly.
What you will need to get started:
- Vaccine Clinic Finder Connect Registration ID
- Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account and login details
- location Site ID
- practice email address and contact phone number
- mobile phone (for authentication)
- practice Australian Business Number (ABN)
- general practice website URL
- online appointment booking system details
- booking provider name
- booking provider ID
- booking provider URL
VCF Connect will open in your practices web browser. You do not need to download or install any software on your computer.
Recommended operating systems and browsers include:
- Windows 10 (all versions)
- macOS 10.15.0 or later
- Browser applications:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Google Chrome (version 88.0 or later)
- Apple Safari (version 14 or later)
First time login to Vaccine Clinic Finder Connect
1. Email invitation
- Once you have registered your practice in the COVID-19 Vaccine Administrative System (CVAS) and placed your first vaccine order, your practice will be invited to use VCF Connect.
- If your practice has already been ordering COVID-19 Vaccinations, you should already have an email invitation to VCF Connect.
- Your practice should receive an email from the Department of Health with a link to Vaccine Clinic Finder (VCF) Connect and a unique registration ID.
2. PRODA login
- Click on ‘PRODA Login’
- Complete the 2-step verification (a verification code will be sent to your mobile phone)
What is PRODA?
- Provider Digital Access (PRODA) is an online identity verification and authentication system. It lets you securely access government online services.
- in order to use VCF Connect, you will need to have an individual PRODA account.
- you are not able to access VCF Connect without a PRODA account.
- if you already have a PRODA account, you don’t need to create another one to use VCF Connect.
- click on the following link if you do not have a PRODA account and need to register for one [Register for PRODA].
- click on the following link if you already have a PRODA account and need to retrieve your username and/or password [Forgotten PRODA password].
- PRODA support is available Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm local time.
1800 700 199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. User Profile
The first time your practice uses VCF Connect, in order to save your practice’s user profile you will need to record your:
- practices general email address
- practices main phone number.
Practices not listed on the Vaccine Clinic Finder
Set up your general practice (referred to as ‘Add a Clinic’)
Before you can find, add or edit your vaccination services, you will need to use the Registration ID provided in the VCF Connect registration email sent you from Healthdirect to add your clinic to your VCF Connect account.
1. Login using PRODA
2. Click on ‘Go to your Clinics’
3. Select ‘Add a Clinic’ on the Your Clinics page
4. Enter practice details, including ABN and VCF Connect Registration ID
5. Select ‘Accept and submit’ to save your details
For new clinics added, the practice must ‘activate’ the clinic before the details can be published to the VCF.
Select ‘View Clinics’. Once the Clinic has been successfully registered, a clinic tile will appear in the list of clinics.
Add your vaccination services
If you have a new vaccination service (ie. a new type of COVID-19 vaccine) that is not yet listed on VCF, you will need to use the Registration ID provided in your VCF Connect registration email to add your vaccination service to your clinic.
1. Select your clinic
2. Ensure your status is listed as ‘Approved’
3. Click ‘Add a service or site’
Ensure your status is listed as ‘Approved’
4. You will now:
- enter your VCF Connect registration ID
- enter your Practice name
- select ‘General Practice’ for type of clinic
- select the COVID-19 vaccine provided by your practice.
You can only add one COVID-19 vaccine type at a time.
For each type of COVID-19 vaccine delivered by your practice, repeat the above steps.
5. Click on ‘Add new availability’ to:
- enter the days and times patients can make an appointment.
6. Add your practices contact details including:
- phone number
- online appointment booking details:
- booking provider name (eg. HotDoc or HealthEngine)
- booking provider ID
- booking provider URL
Ask your booking provider directly if you and your practice team do not have these details.
There is a free text section in ‘Additional information’ where you can enter practice details. For example ‘currently only offering appointments to existing patients’.
7. Click ‘Add Service’ to save this information:
- Only active services are visible on the VCF
- You can check if you have activated the new vaccine service by looking for a green ‘Active’ status
Updates to the vaccination services with an ‘active’ status can take up to two hours to be published on the VCF.